Quitting Smoking Gives You these 9 Improvements in Your Health
Quitting smoking? Did you know…
- The very minute you quit, your overall health begins to improve?
- Just twenty minutes after you stop smoking, your heart rate and blood pressure become normal again?
- In only twelve hours after quitting, the carbon monoxide level in your blood returns to normal?
- Two weeks after you quit smoking, your circulation improves so that walking becomes easier?
- Three months later your lung function increases and you can enjoy breathing again?
- After one to nine months, coughing and shortness of breath decrease?
- In roughly one year – your stroke risk is the same as a non- smoker?
- Ten years after quitting – the death rate from lung and other cancers is about half that of a smoker
- After fifteen years of giving up smoking, your risk of heart disease is the same as a non- smoker?